Some days you just feel exhausted, some days you just don’t feel like it.
And that is OK. Life has its ups and downs. There will be challenges to help us grow and sometimes there are challenges that are just damn hard to get back from.
We all feel that way sometimes. You’re not alone.
Things I found helpful are:
- Surround yourself with a great team of people who can pick you up.
- Take it slowly, you might find it hard to train but maybe you just need to reduce the load and keep moving.
- Get out in nature and get some fresh air.
- Do some meditation or mindfulness activities.
- Go do something that you enjoy, makes you happy and helps you move towards your health goals no matter how small.
- Laughter and hugs are magical
I had a client recently who had a hell of a few months. He turned up at 5:30am to his usual session despite having missed a few sessions and having generally a shit time and we STRETCHED. He used his time to slow down, not just come into training and feel his heart beating out of his chest, we got to chat, and he got stretched.
With some much going on, I haven’t been in my normal training routine. I must admit, I have slacked off. I don’t always have the daily drive I used to when I was 5 years younger, 10 years younger.
I acknowledge that, I too have to work on my positive self talk. I need to find the balance to get me training more regularly BUT sometimes I just need to also slow right down and love myself more. Give myself more me time and not feel guilty for it.
I hope you too are looking after yourself. Have you checked in with yourself and what you need?
Some great apps to help you slow down are Headspace and Calm. You can also focus on some breathe work to help you through the day.
Reach out if you need a hand. We all need someone sometimes xx